Halloween is fast approaching. This is a fun time for the whole family except pets.
For our pets this can be a stressful and dangerous time as they may be exposed to unfamiliar sights and sounds.
Your family should consider the following points to ensure the safety of your dogs
- Walk your dog before dark.
- Feed your dog before any fireworks begin.
- Provide a safe place to go if they are worried and make sure it is away from windows or doors.
- Turn up the volume on your TV.
- Don’t leave your dog alone in the garden.
- Be cautious when opening doors so your dog doesn’t escape.
- Never force your dog to wear a costume.
- Keep human treats and sweets away as these can be toxic to pets.
- Don’t force your dog to receive any unwanted attention.
- Think twice about taking your dog trick or treating.
Whilst the family enjoy the celebrations please keep a close watch on your pets to reduce any chance of distress.
If possible also keep cats indoors for their own safety
If you would like further safety advice for pets at Halloween this information can be found on the internet.