Burglary incidents in your area
Burglary incidents in Wollaton.
Please be aware that between 13/04/2018 22:00 hours and 14/05/2018 22:50 hours there was a burglary on Grangewood Drive, Wollaton. The offenders gained entry by smashing the glass door to the rear of the house and using a key which was left in the door. No description of the offender has been given and it is unknown what has been stolen at this time.
If you have any information about this incident please contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 000953-14042018
There was also a burglary on Arleston Drive, Wollaton 14/04/2018 between 12:00 and 21:30. The offenders gained entry by smashing a rear patio door. No description of the offender has been given and it is unknown what has been stolen at this time.
If you have any information about this incident please contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 000874-14042018
In light of this incident we would like to offer the following crime prevention advice:
• Ensure you lock your doors and windows even when you are in.
• Fit good quality locks to your exterior doors.
• If you have an intruder alarm make sure you set it when you go out and when you go to bed.
• Leave a light on when it’s dark, make use of timer switches and consider leaving a radio on or investing in a fake TV device.
• Register your property for free on the national property database www.immobilise.com Immobilise helps Police to reunite stolen items with their rightful owners in the event of them being recovered.
• Protectively mark your valuable property with your name and postcode preferably using a visible property marking kit such as Cremark or SelectaMARK and don’t leave valuables such as laptops on view.
• Take your keys to bed with you; don’t leave them in door locks or window locks, or in view of windows and doors.
• Confirm the identity of anyone who calls at your home who you don’t know. Beware of bogus officials. Not sure? Don’t open the door.
For additional home security advice please refer to our Securing your home guide. Further crime prevention guides can be found on our website http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/crime-prevention-guides
If you would like any further help or advice please call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 or visit our website: www.nottinghamshire.police.uk
If you have information about any crime or see anyone acting suspiciously in your area please call Nottinghamshire Police on 101.
In an emergency, for example where life is in danger or a crime is in progress please call 999.